This information is for Georgia Tech residents of Coda. If you are in GTRI, please consult your local administrators for any additional guidelines.
- What can / can't I do in Coda? As our landlord, Portman Holdings has building rules and regulations that it is very helpful to be aware of. Please click here for the latest version.
- Film or photograph in Coda? Filming in Georgia Tech spaces should follow Institute guidelines. Filming or videography is not allowed in the Collaborative Core or other Portman-managed spaces without prior approval. Contact email@example.com to submit a request.
- How do I report an HVAC / climate issue? Please submit a ticket in ServiceNow so the Coda CSS team can properly report and track issues with the landlord.
- How do I request A/V help in Coda? Please submit a ticket in ServiceNow under "Technology" and then "A/V Services".
Meetings / Events
- How do I schedule a conference room? Any Georgia Tech occupant can schedule one of the GT Conference Center rooms on floors 9-13 through Outlook. Simply search on "Coda..." in the location search field to find options. ServiceNow has a Knowledge Base article listing all conference rooms and full capacity numbers (requires GT login).
- How do I schedule an event/meeting in the 9th floor Atrium space? For scheduling the Atrium, please contact the Coda CSS team to discuss needs and options (firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information on the Atrium event space, please see the Meetings @ Coda page.
- Where should my guests / colleagues park? The closest campus parking is in E81, adjacent to the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center on Spring Street.
- How do I set up meetings and events for the Fall? Consult the Event Coordinators' Network guidelines for the latest guidance and ideas.